You all must have been listening to the very popular cookie brand “Crumbl Cookie” for quite a long time now. The perfect gooey cookies with a blend of sweet cream and sugary taste. What are actually Crumbl cookies, what are they made of? How many calories are there in a single cookie? How many carbohydrate servings are there in a single cookie? All these questions will be answered below in this blog with some amazing recipes to make a healthier version of Crumbl cookies.
Let’s dig into the topic and discuss Crumbl Cookie in a bit of detail!
Crumbl Cookies Nutrition Facts:
If we discuss crumbl cookies and the nutrition they possess, we come to know that it is a source of carbohydrates and fats as it contains flour, sugars, and oil or butter. The amount of macronutrients in a crumbl cookie depends upon the flavor and amount of sugar and type of flour added. Below states are some facts about crumbl cookies:
|Simple sugar crumbl cookie (100g)||450 calories||50 g||8 g||10 g|
|Chocolate chip crumble cookie||475 calories||60 g||8 g||12 g|
|Oreo and cream crumbl cookie||505 calories||60 g||8 g||12 g|
|Pink cream crumbl cookie||450 calories||50 g||8 g||10 g|
So, it is seen that the addition of chocolate chips in cookies or adding cream and Oreos while making these cookies, certainly increases the number of calories and carbs. As the oil or butter added is fat, more specifically, trans fats, they might also prove harmful for people who are on the verge of becoming overweight.
You actually need to track the calories and macros when taking in these cookies. A dietitian or nutritionist may help you sort your daily calories and the allowance of such snacks that won’t harm you either.
Crumbl Cookie; Healthy Snack Option:
Looking for a healthy snack option on your diet or looking to munch on a snack that let you feel full on diet, then you have come to the right place. The healthy crumbl cookies are the best snacking option if you are on diet. They provide you with a good number of calories when on diet. They can be used in between meals to make you feel full.
As a dietitian, to make a healthy plan, we need to consider all the snacking options we can give to the client so that they do not get bored by eating that same boring food all day every day. So, to introduce some variety and colors to the diet plan, keeping in view the choices and likes and dislikes of people, we can add these very healthy crumbl cookies to the diet.
Health Considerations About Crumbl Cookies:
Some important points that need to be taken into consideration are:
- The number of fats, trans fats, they contain can be alarming. The fats used are oils, margarine, butter, or lard which are definite sources of fats. They may cause health concerns to people who are overweight and may become obese. Consuming excessive amounts of fats may lead to serious health conditions like cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, and diabetes.
- The cookies are high in simple carbs as they are made up of flour and also sugar is added which in other words is referred to as white poison. So, to eliminate the effects i.e., high glucose levels, high blood pressure, and high risk of CVDs, we may use healthy alternatives like brown sugar or a natural sweetener like stevia.
- Furthermore, they are a high-calorie food, so people with excessive fat in their bodies need to watch the calories before consuming them. Taking a small portion of the cookie to fulfill the craving might work magic. Whenever you are craving sugary items, consume a small piece and not the whole cookie. This will allow you to eat mindfully and control your portions for macros.
Crumbl Cookies Recipe:
The crumbl cookies are made up of several ingredients depending upon your choice. But a very basic and standard crumbl cookie is made up of the following.
- Whole wheat flour
- Icing sugar
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Almond or any flavor extract
Mix all the dry ingredients and add the beaten eggs and mix well
Add the vanilla extract.
Add chocolate chips or crushed Oreo cookies to make your desired flavor.
Make frosting by adding food color in whipped cream and some icing sugar in it. Beat well and add on top.
Sprinkle with cocoa powder or icing sugar or anything of your choice.
Healthy Modifications in Recipe:
This is a very basic recipe, but it can be modified to make a healthier version. These are as follows:
- Add coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. This is an unsaturated fat source that is beneficial for diabetics and heart patients.
- White sugar can be replaced by brown sugar or honey or stevia. This reduces the damage.
- Add dark chocolate to make cookies. It helps reduce calories.
- Add low-fat cream on top to reduce the number of saturated fats.
- Gluten-free flour can be added instead of wheat flour. This helps people with insulin resistance and obesity lose weight just like cinnamon and bay leaf tea. It may also be beneficial for people with gluten intolerance.
Crumbl Cookie Flavors:
You can add the flavor of your choice while making the crumbl cookie. These come in different flavors like
- Peanut butter cookies
- Raspberry cookies
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Oreo and cookie cream cookies
- Classic sugar cookies
- Oatmeal cookies
- Mint cookies
The recipes for these all flavors will be shared on the website soon. Stay tuned for the recipes!